Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dipper!

The day I came,
I was told of the beautiful promises,
of friends and women, in a spanish accent.
I smiled and looked at the mighty structures,
imagining of a new land and fond adventures.

I was nervous, trust me, I was.
I was overwhelmed, was a sensory excess.
Was not able to speak, with so many of the opposite.
Coming from a land, where things were told,
I was shocked, when I was told to think.

I fell in love, to be heart broken again and again.
At the gates, with books, and with the coffee.
Inspired I was, to be at the top.
Then dreams were built by me of worlds
that I will become the hero of the poor.
To be told the next day, that I was not worth it.

As time passed, I spent my time on the couches,
getting  love from the Gods, and some people.
I laughed at the rains and the sun which came upon.
Chained to a narrow bottom, trying to rise again and again.

Days went by, I waited, with patience galore,
with the sweat over the brow and a hundred wishes.
Now and then, I could see some faint hopes.
which seemed like a mirror when viewed within.

Then came the day, I was shown the big dipper!

2 comments:

Post a Comment